|The information on this page refers to License Statistics v5.12 or newer, which changed the name of the "Current Usage Above 24 Hours" report to "Current Usage By Time Range." If you are using an earlier version of License Statistics, please refer to the documentation for versions prior to v5.12.|
The default Dashboard
The License Statistics Dashboard is a collection of sections that give you an overview of the reports you care about most. The Dashboard lets you monitor various metrics at once, so you can quickly monitor and manage your license servers and features. The default Dashboard consists of the following areas (starting from the top left to the bottom right of the page):
- License Servers section
- Current Utilization report
- Current Usage On Multiple Hosts report
- Features Expiring In 12 Months report
- Current Usage By Time Range report
The steps outlined on this page will teach you how to customize the Dashboard. You can, however, restore the default Dashboard settings at any time by clicking the Reset to Defaults icon at the bottom right of the Dashboard page. Selecting this option also clears all applied filters and restores column visibility in all reports.
Customizing the Dashboard
The default Dashboard may be sufficient for your needs, but if not, you can customize it by adding the desired reports, rearranging them, removing unwanted reports, or customizing the display of your data by defining the page layout. The Dashboard is easy to customize.
Defining page layout
You can arrange the layout of the sections of the Dashboard by clicking one of the icons at the bottom right of the Dashboard page. The page layout can be one of the following: one-column, two-column, and three-column.
Adding reports to the Dashboard
To add a report to the Dashboard:
- Navigate to the report you want to add. (See Reports you can add to the Dashboard, below, for a complete list of the reports you can add to the Dashboard).
- Make the desired settings to the report. The settings you make will be retained and visible after you add your report to the Dashboard.
- You can apply filters and select the number of rows to display in the grid.
- You can hide/show individual columns by selecting Columns and then toggling columns on/off as desired.
- You can make additional settings using the Settings panel visible in some reports.
- Click, top right, on the title bar.
The image below illustrates a customized Current Usage By Time Range report which you can add to the Dashboard.
- Report settings have been customized to show license usage between 24 and 30 hours. (Note that the title of this report in the Dashboard reflects the applied settings and changes from "Current Usage Above 24 Hours" to "Current Usage Above 24 Hours and Below 30 Hours".
- Filtering has been applied to show only these license servers that include "1" in their names.
After you add your report to the Dashboard, the settings you make are retained and will be visible after you add your report to the Dashboard, as shown below.
Reports you can add to the Dashboard
The following reports can be added to the Dashboard: