|The information on this page refers to License Statistics v6.9 or newer, which introduced the License Statistics Manager improvements in terms of managing the license. If you are running an older version of License Statistics, see documentation for versions prior to v6.9.|
- Download the License Statistics installation from the License Statistics download page.
- If you have purchased License Statistics: Enter your Activation Key, included in the email sent to you after purchasing License Statistics, to obtain your download. If you have trouble locating your Activation Key, please contact X-Formation Support .
- If you are downloading the trial version of License Statistics: Fill out the request form as instructed on the License Statistics download page to obtain your download.
Start the installer and follow the installation instructions.
Administrator privileges are required to install License Statistics on Windows. You can install License Statistics on any machine, not necessarily the license server.
Do not run License Statistics until you have completed the next step.
Activate the license.
- Start License Statistics.
- Test that License Statistics is running normally by using the Open Browser button in the License Statistics Manager, or by going to http://localhost:80 (or other address matching your configuration). The first time you access the License Statistics web interface, your login credentials will be set to username = admin, password = admin.
To begin monitoring license servers after a new installation, add the license server(s) to be monitored as instructed in Adding and editing license servers.
- Make sure you have all the utility executables required by the license servers you will be monitoring, as described in License server dependent requirements.
- Ensure the utility version corresponds with the license server version. If you don't know which version to use, please contact your vendor.
- Make sure that 3rd party utilities are always stored outside of the License Statistics installation directory so they will not be removed by the installer upon subsequent installations.