|The information on this page refers to License Statistics v6.9 or newer, which introduced the License Statistics Manager improvements in terms of managing the license. If you are running an older version of License Statistics, see documentation for versions prior to v6.9.|
For initial installation: Installing License Statistics on Windows requires some configuration, which is done using the License Statistics Manager. (For Linux installations, please see Installing License Statistics on Linux.)
For upgrading an existing installation: If you are upgrading License Statistics on Windows, the License Statistics Manager will automatically backup/restore your database and retain configuration settings from the previous installation.
Step 1: Download and install License Statistics.
- Download the License Statistics installation from the License Statistics download page.
- If you have purchased License Statistics: Enter your Activation Key to obtain the download. Your Activation Key was included in an email sent to you after purchasing/renewing License Statistics, along with instructions for downloading and installing License Statistics.
- If you are downloading the trial version of License Statistics: Fill out the request form as instructed on the License Statistics download page to obtain your download.
- After the download is complete, the License Statistics Manager will step you through the installation procedure, including configuration settings and license setup.
Step 2: Activate the license.
When the installation is complete, use License Statistics Manager to activate your license.
- When you activate your license, it generates a license file (*.lic) that you can reuse with new updates of the software (unless you are instructed to update the license for any reason).
- Note that you must re-activate your license whenever you upgrade your license or renew your maintenance.
Step 3: Obtain all needed utility executables.
- Make sure you have all utility executables that are required for the license servers you will be monitoring with License Statistics, as described in License server dependent requirements. Ensure the utility version corresponds with the license server version. If you don't know which version to use, please contact your vendor.
- Store the files in an easily accessible location outside the License Statistics directory. It is not recommended to place query tools in the the installation directory, because the files could be deleted when upgrading License Statistics.
Step 4: Start the service.
Start the service from the License Statistics Manager using the Start License Statistics button or by using Start License Statistics from the X-Formation application group. (To stop the service, use Stop License Statistics from the License Statistics Manager or the application group.)
Step 5: Configure the license servers
To configure license servers to be monitored by License Statistics, see Adding and editing license servers.
When you configure your license servers, specify the path to your query tool if needed.
Step 6: Test that License Statistics is running normally.
- Check results in your browser by using Open License Statistics button in the License Statistics Manager, or by going to http://localhost:80 (or any other address matching your configuration). The first time you access the License Statistics web interface, your login credentials are set to username = admin, password = admin.
If you do not see any results or a different application opens in the browser, you may need to change the web server port as described in HTTP Server configuration.