The information on this page refers to License Statistics v6.0 or newer, which made changes to the License Statistics installation procedure. If you are running a previous version of License Statistics, see documentation for previous versions.
- Download the License Statistics installation from the License Statistics download page.
- If you have purchased License Statistics: Enter your Activation Key, included in the email sent to you after purchasing License Statistics, to obtain your download. If you have trouble locating your Activation Key, please contact X-Formation Support .
If you are downloading the trial version of License Statistics: Fill out the request form as instructed on the License Statistics download page to obtain your download.
Start the installer and follow the installation instructions.
- Administrator privileges are recommended, but not required to install License Statistics on Linux.
- You can install License Statistics on any machine, not necessarily the license server.
- License Statistics must be installed on a local drive; installation on shared/mounted network drives is not supported.
- The installation program works on most Linux distributions; however, if you have a problem running the installer, you can install License Statistics using a command prompt.
Activate the license.
Configure License Statistics using the xflicstat.cfg file.
Be careful not to change the structure of the xflicstat.cfg file when editing configuration settings.
- Start the xflicstat service.
- Test that License Statistics is running normally by using the Open Browser button in the License Statistics Manager, or by going to http://localhost:80 (or other address matching your configuration). The first time you access the License Statistics web interface, your login credentials will be set to username = admin, password = admin.
To begin monitoring license servers after a new installation, add the license server(s) to be monitored as instructed in Adding and editing license servers.
- Make sure you have all the utility executables required by the license servers you will be monitoring, as described in License server dependent requirements.
- Ensure the utility version corresponds with the license server version. If you don't know which version to use, please contact your vendor.
- Make sure that 3rd party utilities are always stored outside of the License Statistics installation directory so they will not be removed by the installer upon subsequent installations.