In Windows, you can activate licenses using License Activator. You can access License Activator at any time by double-clicking on it, or your vendor may integrate License Activator into its application installation program.
License Activator lets you:
- Activate a license over the internet by entering the activation key your vendor provides you.
- Browse for and use an existing license file that has already been activated.
- Optionally (if provided by the vendor), run the software as a trial without requiring license activation. In this case, you will see a "Run as 30-day Trial" option when you start License Activator.
License Activator will also let you export the current computer's HostIDs to a file.
The following example shows activating a license with License Activator over the internet, using an activation key provided by your vendor.
- Start License Activator (for example, from the installation program, the Start menu, or other means provided by the vendor).
- The Activate over the Internet option is selected by default. Copy and paste your activation key into the Activation Key field, then click Next:
- To activate the license for the computer you are currently using, accept the default, "Activate a license for this computer," You may also activate the license for a different computer that you can access from your current machine by selecting the "Activate a license for a different computer" option. Click Next to continue.
- Click Activate to activate the license.
- The activation results are displayed, indicating either successful or failed activation. Close License Activator when activation is complete.