For either Windows or Linux, you can activate your license online, as described below. However, this method is recommended only in case of issues using these preferred methods:
- For Windows, the preferred method to activate your license is by using License Activator.
- For Linux, the preferred method to activate your license is by using the command line utility, lacutil.
To activate your license online:
- Go to the License Activation Center.
- Enter your license Activation Key (sent to you via email) in the Activate License section of the login page. If you cannot locate your activation key, request it by contacting us.
- After entering your activation key, click Log in.
- Enter the ETHERNET and HOSTNAME HostIDs for the machine where the license is being installed. (Note that on Windows you can also add other HostIDs, for example HARDDISK, BIOS, and WIN_PRODUCT_ID HostIDs.)
The format to enter your HostID information is TYPE1=value1, TYPE2=value2, etc. For example: ETHERNET=0018DEBC98A8, HOSTNAME=amilo.
To find the HostIDs, use the command-line utility lmxendutil, or a graphical utility lmxconfigtool (for Windows). These tools are available after installing LM-X end-user tools located in the tools folder under the License Statistics installation directory. Note that installing LM-X license server is not necessary to obtain the required utilities.
- Click Activate license.
- Click Download license.
- Copy the license file in the license directory under the License Statistics installation directory. Make sure the directory contains a new license file instead of the old file, if there was one.
- Restart License Statistics (see Starting and stopping License Statistics on Windows or Starting and stopping License Statistics on Linux for more information).
- See Installing License Statistics on Windows or Installing License Statistics on Linux for remaining instructions on getting License Statistics up and running after activating your license.