The information on this page refers to License Statistics v6.8 or newer, which introduced downloading the support file from to License Statistics Manager. If you are using a version previous to v6.8, see documentation for previous versions.
Before running License Statistics, you must configure it for your specific environment and needs. For Windows installations, the License Statistics Manager, which opens automatically upon completion of the License Statistics installation, guides you through all configuration options, including license setup. For Linux installations, please see Configuring License Statistics.
When upgrading License Statistics, the License Statistics Manager retains your settings. The tool always opens after installation is complete, and is also available from a shortcut created during installation, so you can change your settings as needed at any time.
After you have configured License Statistics, you are ready to start it as a service on Windows (see Starting and stopping License Statistics on Windows). If you make changes to the configuration when License Statistics is running, you must restart License Statistics for any changes to the configuration file to take effect.
Using the License Statistics Manager
Upon completion of the installation, the License Statistics Manager tool opens, as shown below. License Statistics Manager can also be run from the Windows Start Menu or by using the LicenseStatisticsManager.exe file, which is located by default in C:\Program Files\X-Formation\License Statistics\manager.
Be sure to review all settings and change them as needed for your environment and preferences.
To setup your license:
- Click the License button under the Configuration area of the License Statistics Manager.
The License settings dialog opens.
- Select whether you are installing a Local or Network license.
- If you are using a Network license, you can choose to find the server automatically, or provide the hostname and port settings for your server.
- If you're using the new licensing model, enter the total users and servers being monitored under this license.
- If you're using the old licensing model, check the "Old licensing model 2013" box and enter the total users and servers for both realtime and import servers that are being monitored under this license.
See License configuration and Activating a License Statistics license on Windows using License Activator for more details.
The License Statistics Manager lets you review and change your configuration settings. (Prior to v6.6, these settings were reviewed and changed using the xflicstat.cfg file.)
- If you are updating License Statistics from a version prior to v6.6 to v6.6 or newer, or if you're installing License Statistics on a new host, you can use Browse under the Configuration area of the License Statistics Manager to locate and import your settings from a backed up xflicstat.cfg file. You should also follow the upgrade instructions in Upgrading License Statistics using an embedded database or Upgrading License Statistics using an external database, as appropriate for your installation.
- If you don't have an existing xflicstat.cfg file, or you prefer to change your settings manually using the License Statistics Manager, click Settings under the Configuration area of the License Statistics Manager to open the Configuration Settings dialog.
The following sections describe the configuration settings available from the License Statistics Manager, including:
- Webserver (HTTP) settings
- License Statistics database settings
- LDAP settings
- Other (miscellaneous) settings
The Webserver settings let you specify your HTTP server information. For more details, see HTTP Server configuration.
The Database settings let you configure the License Statistics database. For more information, including backing up and restoring the database, see The License Statistics database.
The Database settings include the following.
Check this box to use an embedded MySQL server. Leave this box unchecked if using an external MySQL server.
If you use an embedded MySQL server, the database will be created automatically the first time you run License Statistics, and the default values for all fields except "Password" will be filled in automatically.
If you use an external MySQL server, the database must be created manually before running License Statistics, and you must fill in all required fields.
To use an external MySQL server, specify the server name or IP address.
|Port||Yes||To use an external MySQL server, specify the server port.|
|Username||Yes||Username for the account created in the License Statistics database.|
|Password||No||Password for the account created in the License Statistics database.|
Name of License Statistics database.
The LDAP settings let you enable and configure LDAP SSL. For more information, see Enabling LDAP SSL.
LDAP settings include the following.
|Certificate||Path to the file with the certificate.|
Defines if the LDAP server certificate should be verified.
To turn verification on, toggle this setting to "Demand."
To turn verification off, toggle this to "Allow" or "Off."
|Keystore||Path to the keystore containing the server certificate.|
|Password||Password for the keystore.|
The settings under "Other" should be specified only if you are instructed to do so by X-Formation Support.
Downloading a support file
If you experience issues with License Statistics, you should include a support file in your email to X-Formation Support. You can easily produce this file using the Download Support File button in License Statistics Manager. See Reporting a Bug in License Statistics for more information about obtaining support for License Statistics.