This guide gives you an introduction to protecting your application using LM-X License Manager. The topics included here are described in more detail in the LM-X End Users Guide and the LM-X Developers Manual, which also includes more advanced topics and the complete API specification.
The steps to complete before your LM-X protected application can be run by end users include:
- Download the LM-X SDK distribution.
- Install the LM-X SDK.
- Compile the LM-X SDK.
- Define a license policy by creating an XML license template.
- License your first application.
- Distribute protected software to your end users.
- Activate your license using License Activation Center.
Each of these steps is described in the following sections.