After protection is implemented in your application, you can distribute it to your end users.
Note: When you distribute LM-X licensed software to your end users, you should bear in mind that all files shipped by X-Formation are digitally signed. However, since liblmxvendor.dll is a vendor-specific file, you should consider signing it yourself.
You must include the following in your distribution to the end user:
- The LM-X End-user Tools installation program (lmx_enduser_tools_version.msi for Windows or lmx_enduser_tools_version.sh for Unix)
- A license server configuration file (lmx-serv.cfg)
- The vendor library (liblmxvendor.dll for Windows or liblmxvendor.so/dylib for Unix
- liblmxnet.dll when .NET wrapper was used
- lmxjava.dll (Windows) or liblmxjava.so/dylib (Unix) when Java wrapper was used
Important: When distributing .NET applications: To ensure that your .NET applications work for all Windows versions (not required for Windows 8 only), your installer must bundle and install the appropriate Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package (and in some cases, the .NET framework) along with your .NET application. This requirement is set by .NET runtime and cannot be done automatically by the LM-X SDK, so you must do this manually.
The installation program you send to the end-user will install:
- LM-X End-user Utility (lmxendutil), which is a command line tool that lets you get the HostID values for the computer system.
- LM-X End-user Configuration Tool (lmxconfigtool), which provides the same abilities as lmxendutil but uses a Windows GUI.
- The license server (optional). To use floating licenses, end users require a license server together with the liblmxvendor.dll library and the license server configuration file (lmx-serv.cfg)
The LM-X End-user Utility and End-user Configuration Tool can be used for license server configuration by letting you:
- Get the HostID values for the computer system.
- See who is currently using specific licenses on the license server.
- Remotely access the license server.
- Remove users from the license server.
- Read and verify a usage database and print the usage information to the screen.
If the license file needs activation, follow the steps for license activation in the next section.