To enable and configure license server logging, go to the Logging sub-tab under the Administration tab.
- To enable Logging, check the Enable checkbox.
- Under the Configuration area, you can specify the name for the log file, the format of the file (Normal or Extended), the rotation interval (None, Daily, Weekly or Monthly) to use for removing older data, and any LM-X messages to exclude from logging.
When using extended logging note that:
- Extended logging results in greater detail in the log file.
- Extended logs can be imported into License Statistics to obtain denied request statistics.
- To save your changes, click Save. You must restart the server for your changes to take effect.
The following is an example of enabling extended logging.
For more information about license server logging, see License server log file and License server configuration file.