The information on this page refers to License Statistics v6.13 and newer, which introduced dragging and dropping files for upload. If you are using a version previous to v6.13, see documentation for previous versions.
Groups can be imported from and exported to FLEXlm/FlexNet option files from the User Groups and Host Groups tabs in the Groups page, found under the Administration section in the left navigation pane. (This page is visible only for License Statistics administrator users.)
Important: As of License Statistics v6.5, it's no longer possible to import .opt files by copying them to the "importlog" directory.
To import a group from FLEXlm/FlexNet:
- Click the Import button at the bottom of the User Groups or Host Groups tab.
- Browse for and upload the desired .opt file. You can also drag and drop the file into the import area.
License Statistics will import users and hosts from the selected .opt file independently and populate the User Groups and Host Groups tabs with the new data from the .opt file.
To export groups to FLEXlm/FlexNet:
- Select FlexNet from the Save As options at the bottom of the User Groups or Host Groups tab.
- A UserGroups.opt or HostGroups.opt file that contains the data for all groups is created, and you are given the choice to open or save the file.
- Rename the file as appropriate (vendor.opt) when saving it.