License Statistics users can integrate reports generated by License Statistics with their custom external applications by using the License Statistics API. The API can be used with a variety of different applications, across a number of programming languages and tools. The License Statistics API is the best choice for system integrators and advanced users who want flexible, on-demand access to License Statistics data.
Making an API request
In order to make API requests, you must use a token, which you can generate as described below. API tokens cannot be shared between users. You can create as many API tokens as you need.
- Go to API under your logged in username, shown in the upper right corner of the application window.
- Click Add to create a new API token.
From the dialog that opens, choose the scope type for the token.
|API scope||Access to all endpoints (dependent on role). |
|Agent scope||Available for License Statistics administrators only. Used to authorize data access by License Statistics Agent.|
- Optionally, add a description to identify the token.
- Click Save to create the token.
The token is automatically generated and added to the API tokens grid.
- You can add/edit an existing token's description by clicking the edit icon in the Action column. (Note that Agent scope tokens can be edited only by License Statistics administrators.)
- You can delete a token using the delete icon in the Action column.
- API tokens do not expire.
- API tokens inherit the permissions of the user who created them.
- API tokens cannot be shared with other users; they may be used only by the user who created them.