License Activator, which is included in the License Statistics installation, makes it simple to activate your License Statistics license on Windows. If you are unable to use License Activator (for example, License Activator is inoperable within your environment due to firewall issues), you can alternatively activate your license online. However, it is strongly recommended to use License Activator whenever possible to avoid activation issues.
To use License Activator to activate a License Statistics license:
- Open License Activator. You can open License Activator at any time by clicking Activate License Statistics in the X-Formation application group.
- Select the appropriate option based on whether you are installing License Statistics for the first time, upgrading License Statistics, or running the trial version of License Statistics:
- If you are installing License Statistics for the first time: Enter your Activation Key (sent to you via email). If you cannot locate your activation key, request it by contacting us.
- If you are upgrading License Statistics: Select the option to browse for and select a previously activated license file.
- If you are running the trial version of License Statistics: Select the option to run License Statistics as a trial. You can skip the remaining activation steps.
- Click Next to continue, and then choose to activate the license for the current computer or browse for a HostID file to choose a different computer on which to activate the license.
- Click Next to continue, and then click Activate to start the activation.
A final screen displays the progress and success (or failure) of the license activation. When activation is complete, close the License Activator window.
- Restart License Statistics.