The information on this page refers to License Statistics v6.1 7 and newer, which improved the usability of creating API tokensintroduced an Agent token scope to support the introduction of License Statistics Agent. If you are using a version previous to v6.17, see documentation for previous versions.
- Go to API under your logged in username, shown in the upper right corner of the application window.
- Click Add to create a new API token. A
From the dialogwill open that lets you optionally add
that opens, choose the scope type for the token.
API scope Access to all endpoints (dependent on role). Agent scope Available for License Statistics administrators only. Used to authorize data access by License Statistics Agent.
- Optionally, add a description to identify the token.
- Click Save to create the token.
The token is automatically generated and added to the API tokens grid.
- You can add/edit an existing token's description by clicking the edit icon in the Action column. (Note that Agent scope tokens can be edited only by License Statistics administrators.)
- You can delete a token using the delete icon in the Action column.