The information on this page refers to License Statistics v6.0 7 and newer, which introduced a new user interface (UI)an Agent token scope to support the introduction of License Statistics Agent. If you are using a version previous to v6.07, see documentation for previous versions.
To enable API access:
Making an API request
to make API requests, you must use a token, which you can generate as described below. API tokens cannot be shared between users. You can create as many API tokens as you need.
- Go to API Accessunder your logged in username, shown in the upper right corner of the application window.
- Check the "Enable API access" box and click Save.
- An need to make API requests, is automatically .
- Click Add to create a new API token.
From the dialog that opens, choose the scope type for the token.
API scope Access to all endpoints (dependent on role). Agent scope Available for License Statistics administrators only. Used to authorize data access by License Statistics Agent.
- Optionally, add a description to identify the token.
- Click Save to create the token.
The token is automatically generated and added to the API tokens grid.
- You can add/edit an existing token's description by clicking the edit icon in the Action column. (Note that Agent scope tokens can be edited only by License Statistics administrators.)
- You can delete a token using the delete icon in the Action column.
- API tokens do not expire.
- API tokens inherit the permissions of the user who created them.
- API tokens cannot be shared with other users; they may be used only by the user who created them.