Read-only mode was introduced in License Statistics v6.0 to allow users to run License Statistics and do basic administration tasks even if the license limits have been exceeded or the license/maintenance has expired. License Statistics versions prior to v6.0 would not start up in most of cases related to license overuse or exceeded expiration time.
Cases where License Statistics will run in read-only mode
Read-only mode is enabled automatically when the:
- Version of the application is higher than the version in the license.
- License (including Trial) has expired.
- Maintenance has expired, but License Statistics was upgraded.
- Number of users monitored exceeds the limit set in the license.
- Number of license servers monitored exceeds the limit set in the license.
- Number of hosts exceeds the limit set in the license (not applicable to HPC licensing)
Read-only mode capabilities
While read-only mode is running, it is possible to:
- Log in to License Statistics.
- Access the Realtime Users Count report
- Manage user preferences
- Perform all administration actions, including:
- managing license servers
- managing users
- accessing license details
Read-only mode limitations
While read-only mode is running, it is not possible to:
- display any data on reports, grids and charts other than those listed in the previous section
- monitor any Realtime license servers, which will all be blocked from querying
- import any log files